Types of Personal Information We Collect
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at Grape-Vine.com (GrapeVine). Personal Information is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual. It also includes other information (i.e., Interests) that may be associated with Personal Information. We collect the following types of Personal Information:
- Information You Give To Us: we receive and store any information you enter on our Web Site. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advance of many of our features. We use this information to customize your user experience, improve our Event Recommendations and communicate with you.
- Contact Information: that allows us to identify and communicate with you, such as your name, postal addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers, or other addresses at which you receive communications.
- Relationship Information: that helps us to understand who you are and what types of offers you might like. This includes lifestyle information; location information related to your state/province, city, or neighborhood; areas of interest, the types of events or programs that interest you, information collected from social media ; demographic information (e.g., birth date, age, gender); and information about friends who refer you or who you have referred.
- Transaction Information: on how you interact with GrapeVine, such as the Events you view, click through and register for; other information about how you use our sites, email and other communications; and how you interact with participating organizations, business partners, and service providers.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
How GrapeVine Collects Personal Information
We ask you for Personal Information (including Contact and Relationship Information) when you register, subscribe and create an account, or otherwise interact with the Sites or contact GrapeVine.
We may also collect Transaction Information if you contact us via telephone, email, text, postal mail, social media interaction, or other methods of communication, such as for customer support purposes.
We may receive additional Personal Information from third parties. We may use this Personal Information to enhance other information we have about you to help us better understand you and to otherwise enhance the Sites or GrapeVine services.
How GrapeVine Uses Personal Information
GrapeVine uses Personal Information to:
- Operate and improve our Sites;
- Provide customers with Event recommendations and services from participating Organizations, including Event Recommendations based on variables such as stated and anticipated customer interests, personal characteristics, or location;
- Facilitate Event registration.
- Evaluate the types of Events that may be of interest to customers;
- Track Event registration and perform other analytics;
- Ful?ll requests for GrapeVine services;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about GrapeVine and participating organizations and business partners, such as Featured Opportunities and Reward Points opportunities
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages service bulletins, or marketing;
- Administer surveys, rewards points, or other promotional activities or events sponsored by us or our partners;
- Allow you to apply for a job or sign up for special offers from third parties through the Site.
When and Why GrapeVine Discloses Personal Information
We will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties except to:
- Af?liated companies (e.g., parent companies and/or subsidiaries of GrapeVine) who may only use the Personal Information for the purposes described in Section 3 above.
- Our service providers that provide services for us such as sending emails on our behalf or processing payments. Our service providers are bound by law or contract to protect the Personal Information and are only allowed to use the Personal Information in accordance with the terms of our service agreements with them.
- Participating Organizations, but only to the extent you have registered for an Event offered by the Organization, or participated in an offer, contest or other activity sponsored or offered through GrapeVine on behalf of the Organization. We may also provide merchants with Personal Information about the individuals who have registered for the Organizations’ Events as part of legal proceedings affecting GrapeVine and the Organization, and to facilitate a direct relationship between Organizations and customers and enable Organizations to communicate electronically with customers who register for an Organization’s Event.
- GrapeVine business partners or participating Organizations, as part of an Event, Reward Points opportunity, or other activity that is provided by or in conjunction with GrapeVine and its business partners and in which you have elected to participate. For example, if you are referred to GrapeVine from a Participating Organizations’ website or through an invitation facilitated by or in conjunction with a Participating Organization, GrapeVine may provide that Organization with Contact Information and Transactional Information to validate the referral and to support the terms of the relationship between GrapeVine and the Organization,
- We encourage GrapeVine participating Organizations to adopt and post privacy policies. However, the use of your Personal Information by such parties is governed by the privacy policies of such parties and is not subject to our control.
We may also disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, we may provide our participating organizations with reports that contain aggregated and statistical data about our users.
Cookies and Related Technologies
When you use our Sites, we may collect certain information by automated or electronic means, using technologies such as cookies, pixel tags and web beacons, browser analysis tools, and web server logs. As you use our Sites and applications, your browser and devices communicate with servers operated by us, our business partners and services providers to coordinate and record the interactivity and fill your requests for services and information.
The information from cookies and related technology is stored in web server logs and also in web cookies kept on your computers or mobile devices, which are then transmitted back to our Sites by your computers or mobile devices. These servers are operated and the cookies managed by us, our business partners or our service providers.
For example, when you visit our Sites, GrapeVine and our service providers may place cookies on your computers or mobile devices. Cookies allow us to recognize you when you return, track and target your interests in order to provide a customized experience. They also help us provide a customized experience and help us to detect certain kinds of fraud. A "cookie" is a small amount of information that a web server sends to your browser that stores information about your account, your preferences, and your use of the Sites. Some cookies contain serial numbers that allow us to connect your Site activity with other information we store about you in your profile or as related to your interactions with the Sites.
Some cookies are temporary, whereas others may be configured to last longer. “Session" cookies are temporary cookies used for various reasons, such as to manage page views. Your browser usually erases session cookies once you exit your browser. "Persistent" cookies are more permanent cookies that are stored on your computers or mobile devices even beyond when you exit your browser. We may use persistent cookies for a number of purposes, such as retrieving certain information you have previously provided (such as your user id if you asked to be remembered), and storing your preferences.
Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on website pages or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed specific actions. When you access these pages or open email messages, the pixel tags and web beacons generate a notice of that action to us, or our service providers. These tools allow us to measure response to our communications and improve our web pages and promotions.
We collect many different types of information from cookies and other technologies. For example, we may collect information from the devices you use to access our Sites, your operating system type or mobile device model, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone of your device. Browsers routinely send these types of information to web servers. Our server logs also record the Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses of the devices you use to interact with the Sites. An IP address is a unique identifier that devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. We may also collect information about the website you were visiting before you came to our Site and the website you visit after you leave our Site, if this information is supplied to us by your browser.
In many cases, the information we collect using cookies and other tools is used in non-identifiable ways, without any reference to Personal Information. For example, we use information we collect about Site users to optimize our Sites and understand its traffic and usage patterns. In other cases, we associate the information we collect using cookies and related technologies with Personal Information. In that case, this Privacy Statement governs how we use that information.
Additionally, if the settings on your location-aware device allow us to receive Location Information, we will collect that automatically. If we associate Location Information with other Personal Information, this Privacy Statement governs how we would use that information too.
Referring Friends to GrapeVine
GrapeVine enables you to refer friends to GrapeVine. You may be eligible to receive rewards in the form of Rewards Points (credit available for use toward future Events) or to earn other benefits for referring friends (subject to Terms and Conditions for referring a friend and details available on our Sites). If you wish to refer friends to GrapeVine, we may provide you a unique referral link, which you can share directly with others via email, social media websites, or other communications methods. If someone clicks your link and takes a qualifying action, we may attribute that referral to you for purposes such as awarding reward credit. GrapeVine does not collect Personal Information about the persons with whom you share your link until the persons click the link and engage directly with GrapeVine.
We think that you benefit from a more personalized experience when we know more about you and the kinds of Events you like. However, you can limit the information you provide to GrapeVine, and you can limit the communications that GrapeVine sends to you.
You can manage your email preferences by logging into your account through the Sites, entering the “My Profile” section, and selecting your email preferences. You can also manage your subscriptions by following subscription management instructions contained in the commercial messages that we send you. You may update your subscription preferences from time to time. Please note that even if you unsubscribe from promotional email messages, we may still need to contact you with important transactional information related to your account and Events you register for. For example, even if you have unsubscribed from our promotional email messages, we will still send you confirmations when you register for an Event.
You may manage how your browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting its privacy and security settings. Browsers are different, so refer to instructions related to your browser to learn about cookie-related and other privacy and security settings that may be available.
You may manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share Location Information with GrapeVine, as well as how your mobile browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
You may also manage the sharing of certain Personal Information with us when you connect with us through a social media platform or application, such as through Facebook Connect. Please refer to the privacy settings of the social media website or application to determine how you may adjust our permissions and manage the interactivity between GrapeVine and your social media account or your mobile device.
If you wish to opt out of receiving Event information directly from GrapeVine or participating Organizations, you can follow the opt-out instructions in the emails that they send you.
Accessing and Correcting Personal Information
Keeping Personal Information about you current helps ensure that we offer you the best Events available through our participating Organizations. You can do several things to help keep Personal Information about you current. You can access, update and delete your Contact Information, Interests and the other information you provided to use in your profile by logging into your account and accessing the “My Account” section of the Site or sending us an email at email@example.com.
If you want to close your account or have other questions or requests, please contact us. While we are ready to assist you in managing your subscriptions, closing your account, and removing your active profile, we cannot always delete records of past interactions and transactions. For example, we may be required to retain records relating to previous purchases on the Site for financial reporting and compliance reasons.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services and to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting purposes. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Security of Personal Information
GrapeVine has implemented an information security program that contains administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to reasonably safeguard Personal Information.
Notice to Residents of Countries outside the United States of America
The GrapeVine Group, LLC is headquartered in the United States of America. Personal Information may be accessed by us or transferred to us in the United States or to our affiliates, participating organizations or service providers elsewhere in the world. By providing us with Personal Information, you consent to this transfer. We will protect the privacy and security of Personal Information according to our Privacy Statement, regardless of where it is processed or stored.
Privacy Practices of Third Parties
This Privacy Statement only addresses the use and disclosure of information by GrapeVine through your interaction with the Site. Other websites that may be accessible through links from our Site may have their own privacy statements and personal information collection, use, and disclosure practices. Our participating Organizations may have their own privacy statements, too. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy statements provided by these other parties prior to providing them with information or taking advantage of an offer or promotion.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
From time to time, we may update this Privacy Statement to clarify our practices or to reflect new or different privacy practices, such as when we add new features to our Sites. If we make any material changes, we will notify you by email (sent to the email address specified in your account) or by means of notice on the Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information about our privacy practices.